Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dennis's Comment re: rhubarb

O. K. - Rhubarb is a wonderful plant and very self-sufficient. If you want to know more about the plant and its origins you should listen to Garrison Keilor's monologue on the topic. It's hilarious. By dint of hard work, Gayle has me approaching the point at which I can recognize lavender, rosemary, some mints, and rhubarb at will and without help. She has friends who talk with her using the Latin names, genus, species, etc. as if they're actually communicating in an organized language. I think this is one of the reasons I'm a back office worker not allowed to interact with her customers. Have you ever had a real rhubarb with somebody?

Dennis

2 comments:

  1. Don't think I'd fancy getting in a rhubarb with you, Dennis... On the other hand, Gayle's rhubard sounds pretty darned fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not? I'm an old guy who sways with every slight breeze. Gayle's rhubarb comes out like it's fancy, but the putting together of it is like her - very straightforward.

    ReplyDelete